My 10 favourite wordpress plugins
Trying to choose the best plugins for your WordPress site can be a little intimidating. Not knowing what to look for can result in a lengthy trial-and-error process and even break your site. The good news is that there are many WordPress plugins that you can use to improve your site’s overall usability and performance. Below are a great set of options that complement each other aimed to help you get the most out of your website.
OptinMonster is a lead-generation plugin for WordPress with Over 1,000,000 website installs. It’s compatible with a variety of platforms, including WordPress, Shopify, BigCommerce, Magento and more. Without having to know any code this plugin enables you to design forms that encourage conversion rates.
- A variety of form designs
- Exit-Intent® Technology – The Exit-Intent® detection capabilities recognise visitor actions and offer a tailored campaign at the precise time they’re about to leave.
- Page-Level Targeting – Individual pages may be targeted through this targeting module, allowing you to create a targeted email list.
- A/B Testing – This testing component helps improve conversion rates by removing the guesswork of what’s working and what’s not. You can experiment with different text, headlines, layouts, and styles to discover which one converts the best.
- OnSite Retargeting® and Personalisation – You can display several alternative popups to new visitors, returning customers, or clients. This will help you deliver the appropriate offer to the right individuals at the ideal time.
- Actionable Insights – The built-in analytics can assess clicks, views, and overall conversion rates easily.
- Mobile Campaigns – This allows you to create campaigns that are optimised for mobile. You can create different pop-ups for mobile users from the ones created for desktop.
- Coupon Wheels – offers rewards with a “spin-to-win” coupon wheel function.
- Integration with All Major Email Marketing Software – Integrates with all the big email marketing software programs and HTML scripts.
WPForms - WordPress Contact Form Plugin
Is a simple WordPress contact form plugin that can be useful for beginners. Use the drag-and-drop builder to construct forms. Among other types of online forms, it offers contact, email subscription, and payment forms.
It’s fully responsive and can be used to develop questionnaires, polls, and surveys as well as create graphs and charts with results.
- 150+ form templates.
- Spam Protection – using smart CAPTCHA and Honeypot.
- Notifications – email notification as soon as a form is submitted.
- Confirmation –You can display a custom success message and/or redirect the user to an alternative page after they submit it.
- File Uploads – collect files and media.
- Multi-Page Forms – Break up long forms across several pages.
- Surveys and Polls .
- Integration With Popular Mailing Services.
- PayPal Payment Integrations – Connect your forms to PayPalSmart.
- Conditional Logic – You can show or hide certain fields and form sections. based on the user’s actions.
- Easy Entry Management – form entries in your WordPress database which you can export into a .csv file.
- Conversational Forms – Use a “one question at a time” approach, similar to one in real life.
- Additional options: Forms that need a signature, guest posts upload, user registration and login forms, gathering geolocation data, capturing partial entries from abandoned forms, and locking forms so that only specific people can access them are all available.
It’s important to understand by what method your audience found your site and how they interact with the content on your site. Google Analytics is a very beneficial tool, however, Google Analytics tracking codes can be extremely complicated to install and the data it provides is difficult to understand. MonsterInsight plugin aims to simplify this process and provides your information on the WordPress dashboard.
- Real-Time Statistics.
- Track your best performing post.
- Keeps track of file downloads.
- Ecommerce Tracking – provides you data about your WooCommerce or Easy Digital Download store.
- Ads Tracking – Tracks the number of clicks each AdSense banner ad gets.
- Referral & Link Tracking – Keeps track of where your visitors are coming from and what links they’re clicking on your site.
- Forms Tracking – Keeps track of your WordPress lead, contact, and registration forms.
- Author Tracking – determine which authors on your site are the most popular.
- Privacy Regulations Compliance – Google Analytics is a rich analytics platform for measuring site effectiveness, but it’s also subject to strict data protection and privacy laws. Google Analytics must be compliant with GDPR (EU), CCPA (US), PECR (UK), PIPEDA (Canada), and FIPPA (Australia) regulations and this plugin help with the process.
RafflePress - WordPress Giveaway Plugin
- RafflePress is a giveaway and contest plugin. The drag & drop builder combined with giveaway templates helps you to launch viral giveaways and contests. Features
- RafflePress is a WordPress Giveaway plugin that helps you create and manage giveaways and prizes. It comes with a drag and drop builder, is mobile-friendly, and can be integrated with your social media and email marketing set-ups.
- You can create a customs Giveaway Landing Page with the option of a countdown timer. It also offers additional social follow options to the most popular platforms.
Yoast SEO plugin for WordPress
Assists with search engine optimisation on WordPress.
- Readability – To rank in Google’s search results, you can use the SEO and readability analysis to develop content that helps you write better web content optimised for search engines.
- Structured Data – One of the most efficient methods to get your site noticed by search engines is to add structured data. Yoast SEO adds the proper structured data automatically and also gives you the option to enhance your site with extra structured information. This can increase your chances of obtaining higher ranking results improve significantly.
- Google Preview – Check to see what your results will look like on the Google Search Results Page.
- Meta Descriptions – Helps you add a meta description to your pages and posts of your WordPress site that help you rank higher in the SERPs (search engine results pages).
- Search Results Titles -Helps you write better web content optimized for search engines.
- Plugin Integration – Integrates with other plugins like SEM Rush Zapier and Elementor
- 404’s and Deadlink – Keep your visitors from getting lost on useless links. Remove 404 errors and dead-ends from your site using the redirect manager. When you modify or delete content, the redirect manager automatically creates and maintains redirects.
- Social Media Preview – The Social preview allows you to explore and optimise how your post will appear on social media.
- The SEMrush plugin integrates with your WordPress to give you access to all the tools that help you target the right audience and grow your website traffic through accurate keyword suggestions and tracking.
Elementor Webpage Builder
Helps create unique websites with complex animations, custom CSS, distinct responsive designs, and more. Easy to use drag and drop builder with several useful widgets. It’s like WordPress meets Adobe. Hundreds of templates are available, so professional looking pages without custom coding experience are needed. You can integrate Elementor and other design widgets with your website or theme.
Envato Elements WordPress Extension
A great selection of high-quality WordPress themes, page templates, plugins, and template kits. EnvatoElements also provide stock images, graphics, presentation templates and more on their paid subscription plan.
WooCommerce is a popular eCommerce platform built for WordPress. You can start an online store that allows you to sell digital products and physical goods. You can also manage secure payments, shipping and taxes.
The basic plugin is free and there are several official extensions developed by the WooThemes and third-party developers that extend the functionality of a WordPress-WooCommerce powered website. These plugins allow you to integrate with other web services and create a seamless buying experience for online shoppers.
WooCommerce has a large community of web developers and extension makers. As such, it is an excellent choice for users who want to stay up-to-date with the latest trends and developments in the field. The community support makes WooCommerce a good choice for beginners as well as experienced web developers.
Some of the add ons include
- WooCommerce Bookings -Allow your consumers to make reservations, appointments, or rentals on their own without requiring phone contact.
- WooCommerce Shipping – Provides real-time tracking and multiple shipping methods.
- Multichannel for WooCommerce: Google, Amazon, eBay & Walmart Integration – Get the official Google, Amazon, eBay and Walmart add-on to WooCommerce and establish, sync, and manage multichannel listings directly from your WordPress site.
- Product Add-Ons – With the Product Add-Ons extension, you can provide your clients with extra choices, such as engraving, upgrades, or personalisation.
- Product Bundles – Sell personalised product bundles, bulk discount packages, and assembled products.
- Google Listings & GoogleAds – Integrates with Google Search, Shopping, and Analytics. Provides tools to run automated product listing ads on Google’s platforms.
- Advanced Reports for WooCommerce – Create in-depth reports that provide key insights about the performance of your products across all sales channels.
- Smart Coupons – Set up, design, and distribute coupons and gift certificates to your clients based on your criteria.
- Gift Cards
- The Gift Cards plugin allows you to set up, sell, and redeem gift cards in an attractive way.
There are over 140 extensions to add to your WooCommerce see their website for more details.
WordPress is especially vulnerable to brute force attacks on the login page that allow an attacker to guess your password over and over again. Wordfence firewalls this kind of attack, blocking IP addresses that exhibit unusual behaviour, helping you protect your site from an unwarranted intrusion or data loss.
Premium plugin features:
- Built-in password strength meter.
- Two-factor authentication for user login.
- Malware Scanner scans your website, alerts you of any malware infections, and cleans them if needed.
- WordPress Firewall – Blocks automated attacks such as brute force login attempts and malicious users trying to guess your password.
- Security Audit Logging – Wordfence maintains a complete record of all security-related events that happen on your website. Activity that is logged includes user logins, logouts, password changes, installation, and de-activation of extensions.
There are over 54000 plugins available for WordPress. You should be able to find a plugin for your specific needs whether it is for security or social media optimisation by exploring the WordPress plugins page. A note of caution use plugins sparingly as they can slow down your site.
Additionally, stick with plugins that have good reviews and high download numbers. Some plugins can clash with each other causing problems on your site. An easy way to troubleshoot problems on WordPress is to uninstall plugins one at a time and check if the problem persists.
I hope this post has given you some insight into some of the tried and tested plugins available and help you on your way to building your website. If you need any help with setting up your WordPress website feel free to reach out.